Dear Friend,

Welcome to Lost Art Cards and Designs.

You might find tiny bouquets on paper, pretty places, words of encouragement, the artwork of others, or a quote from a good book.

My hope is that you will find something that delights the eye of your heart and remains a part of you for a lifetime.

Followers

One facet of the creativity in my soul.

Quick DIY Planner Cover and Inserts Gift

 While perusing the Clearance section at Micheal's I found these soft planner/travel journal covers and could not resist the price ( $ 3.47!!!)  I purchased three,  knowing they would make a sweet little gift for someone I love.  Before beginning my project, the covers were plain- not the completed project you see here.

Yesterday on the way home from work ideas started grabbing me,  so I stopped at Hobby Lobby and gathered some Stickabilities stickers, Agenda's canvas floral pencil pouch ( hole punched and reinforced with grommets)   and that creative energy took over through the night--sleep?? who can possibly sleep with all these ideas floating around, right??



I thought these would turn into a perfectly personalized planner/travel journal for my daughters, and boy, did I ever have fun today making them- took about 3 hours for both books.  The neat thing about these covers is that they are completely re-makable.  If they want to change design styles, or don't like what I embellished with, it is easily changed.  But for now I think they are just so pretty.
 completed the look by adding small charms from Michaels!


 Inside cover!











So Many Possibilities to Personalize!


Next for the insides!

Never forsake the Clearance section.  My quick trip yesterday resulted in 2 sets of journal inserts that had been reduced to $1.49 for 2, though the monthly planner was full price, and some Washi Tape sets for $1.29 ( I put these in the pouch with some other extra special journal gifts)

 Two journals from the Clearance priced items!  So pretty!















The picture below shows the inside covers of the journals I purchased!  So easy to embellish and make it your own!


This is the beautiful Agenda Canvas Pencil Pouch!  I have searched far and wide for something similar, but could only find something this nice at Hobby Lobby.  So thankful!  I recently purchased 3 for myself to place into the soft pink journal to take along craft supplies when traveling.  I feel it will be perfect for my needs- whatever small project I am working on should fit into one of those cases.  I can't wait to embellish my own journal!

I added some Neon Le Pens, Tim Holtz mini shears with blade case, washi tape, brightly colored mechanical pencils, and Paper Mate Bright Ink Pens to complete this gift.

What do you think?  

Wait!  How did she attach those 3 ring pencil pouches with NO rings???  I will tell you my secret if you really want to know. Just leave a comment and I will reply as soon as possible.

Have a great day and don't let the summer run away from you yet!  This would be a fun mother -daughter-sister or friend project.  Everyone has left over stickers--put them on the cover!








0 comments:

Post a Comment