Dear Friend,

Welcome to Lost Art Cards and Designs.

You might find tiny bouquets on paper, pretty places, words of encouragement, the artwork of others, or a quote from a good book.

My hope is that you will find something that delights the eye of your heart and remains a part of you for a lifetime.

Followers

One facet of the creativity in my soul.

Beautiful Blooms!






Please follow this link, Mixed Media Challenge #23 to learn more about this great challenge for adding dimension to projects.



This card was made using the Beautiful Blooms Card Kit from My Favorite Things


To make this card I began by painting a watercolor wash background on
Strathmore Cold Press Watercolor Paper using Kuretake Gansai Tambi Watercolors.  I die cut the wreath elements and then stamped them with the dye inks and paper included with kit. 

I love the tranquil and soothing colors, variety of patterned paper and quality cardstock included in this kit. Adding the included sequins gave the card sparkle and light. This was the first kit I purchased from My Favorite Things and I enjoyed working with it.  Everything I needed to make a variety of projects was included with the kit. 





Postcard

When I first opened the Beautiful Blooms Card Kit, I wasn't sure where to begin, so I copied one of the designs from the cover page before beginning the wreath card.  After trying the stamps, I placed the card front in front of me along with the kit cover page and began making the wreath card shown above.

As I looked at the card front made from the kit sample I challenged myself to broaden the design already stamped and to make something slightly different than a regular greeting card.  My brother and sister-in-law's family vacation actually served as the inspiration for this postcard!  Thinking about vacation postcards, I quickly remembered buying premade postcards  from Canvas Corp. printed on kraft paper and ran over to my premade card drawer and found them!  Searching through my stamp collection, an idea came together and I sat down and had fun playing around with many of my new art supplies.

My Favorite Things Premium Dye Ink and Ranger Ink Distress Clear Rock Candy Crackle Paint made my experience ecstatic!!!!  Those crayons are fabulous! and so much fun to work with!  I used regular paintbrushes and my natural paint brushes ( fingers !) to achieve the effect I desired.

Supplies Used:









0 comments:

Post a Comment