Dear Friend,

Welcome to Lost Art Cards and Designs.

You might find tiny bouquets on paper, pretty places, words of encouragement, the artwork of others, or a quote from a good book.

My hope is that you will find something that delights the eye of your heart and remains a part of you for a lifetime.

Followers

One facet of the creativity in my soul.

Bunnies Card...revisited

Here is the original Bunnies card.  As you can see,  the Easter eggs from Simply Spring Borders  by Lizzie Jones were part of the "cake" layers. My inspiration was the picture of the yummy layer cake in various shades of purple and the delicious projects created using Just Dessert by Lizzie Jones, Sprinkles on Top by Erin Lincoln, Frosted Borders dies and Birthday Candles  dies,  all designed and released by Papertrey Ink .

  After stepping away from the card and coming back to it, I thought the eggs looked too large for that layer and the flowers on top were somehow not right.  Feeling tired and cranky, but wanting to participate in Papertrey Ink's Create Along With Us, March 2016 Challenge, I redesigned my card.

Those streamers, part of the Hooray stamp set are the neatest stamps!  When they were originally released I knew I had to have them!  They brought back some wonderful memories. I fussy cut a new set of streamers and used them in place of the eggs on the new card previously posted.

Desperately searching for something to use for cake layers, in a burst of creativity, The transom sidelights from the Door to Door stamp set,  jumped into my head.  Masking with sticky notes and quite a bit of experimentation, the layers were stamped on linen cardstock, trimmed, outlined, painted with  and brushed with coordinating SticklesWhat amazed me was how perfectly the Liquid Pearls and Stickles colors matched with Papertrey Ink Dye Ink . I used my new set of Teranishi Rushon Petite Pens from Jet Pens to outline the detail on the " cake" layers.

My apology to all of the Papertrey Ink artists for not including the Create With Us March 2016 Challenge and linking all of the artist names to my original card post, Bunnies Bunnies Everywhere.  In my excitement of posting the card I forgot.  There was no intentional neglect meant.


2 comments:

Patti said...

I love the way you created BOTH your cards! such a clever idea!!

Patti

lost art cards and designs said...

Thanks Patti!

Post a Comment