Dear Friend,

Welcome to Lost Art Cards and Designs.

You might find tiny bouquets on paper, pretty places, words of encouragement, the artwork of others, or a quote from a good book.

My hope is that you will find something that delights the eye of your heart and remains a part of you for a lifetime.

Followers

One facet of the creativity in my soul.

Back to Crafting

Ongoing home improvements have almost done me in , wiped me out of otherwise made me too tired or cranky to craft.  But I have finally reached a place of peace with the whole thing and was able to get back to working on projects and ideas in the last week or two.  It makes me feel so good to sit down at my table surrounded by ink, tools, markers, paper and stamps a short walk across the room.  I even like my new chair!

Here is a small hanging sign for my daughter's powder room.  She and my son-in-law have taken on the huge task of moving in to a real "fixer upper" in a small town in Texas not far from famous Waco, TX.   She is a SAHM , loving life with my grands, her husband and making their home , home.  During our last visit she had me sit down and arrange some pretty fruit into containers for her dining room decor.  I was flattered.  Their powder room is a combination of my son-in-law's ingenuity and her decorative sense and I thought this sign would be the perfect thing to place above the homemade salt scrub she has on the sink for her guests. 

I found some really neat metal signs at Michaels Arts and Crafts.  The main color of the room makes it the perfect backdrop for these bright Staz-On Ink stamped hands and one foot.  These hands remind me of the messes we used to have around here, but is now at her house... unless its me getting my hands in some type of fixative mixative or color application.  Thank goodness for craft mats, which reminds me , my daughter might appreciate having one of these around. 

I purchased a variety of metal signs from Michaels and am putting them away for similar fun gift decor projects.  After stamping the hands, I inked up a fun alphabet set with StazON black ink and then finished the project by applying a coat of Ranger Glue n Seal ( glossy).  This will go in the gift box I am preparing for my granddaughters' birthday coming up in a few weeks.  I am in the process of completing a wall hanging for them....it is getting really pretty! Included in that box are some glow in the dark spiders and lizards for my grandson...yes, she groaned when I told her they were coming :), as well as something for my other two daughters who live close.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment