Dear Friend,

Welcome to Lost Art Cards and Designs.

You might find tiny bouquets on paper, pretty places, words of encouragement, the artwork of others, or a quote from a good book.

My hope is that you will find something that delights the eye of your heart and remains a part of you for a lifetime.

Followers

One facet of the creativity in my soul.

Creative Chemistry 103 , Day 1






Today I worked on several techniques using Ranger Distress Products.  



These tags were made using Distress Offset Stamping with Waterbrush, Distress Washed Watercolor, and a combination of techniques learned on Day 1.  


This colorful paper was made using a Distress Brayer, Distress Inks and believe it or not.... Paper Towel!  I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of my Custom Distress Pad to try this technique out properly.  I like the way the ink rolled onto the paper-smooth, neat blending, and pretty contrast between colors.  


Next I tried Distress Highlight Offset Stamping with several stamps from my collection.   Some of the images show more of a white highlighted shadow than others, which may be to some personal preference, but this is a technique I plan to practice often.  


Using the Vintage Linen Stamp Set from Papertrey Ink, I was curious to see what would happen if I used the same Highlight technique and then inking the stamp with a combination of Papertrey Dye Ink and Distress Ink.  


These tags were made using the Distress Micro Glaze Resist Technique.  I like this technique, but I need more practice using sprays ( these were made with the sprays I had on hand and then sort of pouncing the stains in the bottle on top of the Micro Glaze).  One of the tags also has a first attempt at applying the Cosmic Shimmer Flakes through a stencil.  I love that shimmery look lol :) That needs more practice too.  

Looking forward to all that I will learn in this class. 



0 comments:

Post a Comment