Dear Friend,

Welcome to Lost Art Cards and Designs.

You might find tiny bouquets on paper, pretty places, words of encouragement, the artwork of others, or a quote from a good book.

My hope is that you will find something that delights the eye of your heart and remains a part of you for a lifetime.

Followers

One facet of the creativity in my soul.

Milestone Reached

On Thursday I reached a milestone.  My chemo port was removed.  I am now beginning the next leg of my journey, which is allowing my body to recover from the trauma it has been through since discovering I had breast cancer in January 2015.  Hard to believe nearly a year has gone by since receiving my port in April 2015 and beginning chemotherapy and radiation at Cancer Treatment Centers of America, Southeastern Regional Medical Center, Atlanta , by the way- the best place to go when you have cancer).

So many people prayed, extended loving wishes for healing and cared for me along the way.  Thank you.  Meeting only through email communication, Facebook posts, customer service while placing an order for art supplies, or the encouraging smiles of those I met in Newnan, GA at Hobby Lobby or Michaels Arts and Crafts, I considered all of these designed by God to show me He loves me wherever I am, whatever I am going through.  Stamping, coloring, painting canvas for the first time ( with shaking hands after treatment) ,  designing projects in my head while being unable to even get them off the ground,  kept me going.  Reading posts by artists at My Favorite Things, Simon Says Stamp, Jennifer McGuire Ink, K Werner, Kathy From the Daily Marker, Papertrey Ink, Tim Holtz, Wendy Vecchi, and so many others through those companies in guest designs kept me inspired.

Ordered to take it easy for a few weeks , I plan to make wedding invitations for a friend, and then try out some of the neat stuff y'all do regularly.  I've been keeping up to date , at least in the purchasing area of stamping, papercrafts and now felt projects.  Really, I cannot wait to get started, making my mental lists into crafting reality.

My prognosis is good, because of the program I was placed in , the excellent care I have received and the healing of Jesus Christ, my Saviour. He has been my constant Friend and Guide through this whole thing.  The Calmer of every storm , in the air , ground or in my mind and emotions, He taught me how close He really is to each of us.  He showed me  what it meant to lean into Him and carry my burdens, making them easy and light, and filled with love and joy.  Cancer is a gift from Him.

Me without hair and a great chemo nurse

My Family ( without my adorable grandchildren)

My Husband, Son and puppy. Me with lots more hair!  Really like the way it is growing in, I even have eyelashes and eyebrows now :)!
Cancer Treatment Centers of America, Southeastern Regional Medical Center, Atlanta

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So happy to hear about your port being removed and for your healing to begin! To God be the glory!

lost art cards and designs said...

Thank you.

Post a Comment