Dear Friend,

Welcome to Lost Art Cards and Designs.

You might find tiny bouquets on paper, pretty places, words of encouragement, the artwork of others, or a quote from a good book.

My hope is that you will find something that delights the eye of your heart and remains a part of you for a lifetime.

Followers

One facet of the creativity in my soul.

Wedding Invitation Insert details

Wedding Invitation Insert
To make this insert I wanted to depict the combination of two families being joined together with the idea of growing together as a blended family in Christ.  How could I do this, I wondered ? After searching several stamp suppliers, I decided on Indigo Blu's Lollipop Tree and Stampendous Roots of Love Stamp.

Wanting only the winding trunk roots as the base of my tree and branches, I altered the stamp by removing the pretty hearts from the branches, but saved them for later use.


 
 Altered stamp

Indigo Blu Lollipop Tree Stamp

I was then able to give my friend the inserts which she took to the same print shop that hand folded my gatefold jackets. Because of the completed card measurements I needed and the time constraints involved for my deadline, I contacted the print shop at my local Office Depot.  Lauren ( graphic arts student) measured, trimmed, scored and handfolded each one of the invitation jackets ( for only $3.00! worth so much more!) and I could go home and work on the invitation box.

Die cutting the center jacket design was challenging for me. I needed the square die insert to be centered exactly each time I cut.  Not sure how to accomplish this, I experimented with placing the die on one end of the paper and cutting it, but the lacy cut flaps were mismatched, which was unacceptable to me. Another difficulty encountered was because I was using 100 lb paper,  every time I ran it through my machine it left an impression on the back of the invitation which went all the way through to the outside.  Imagine my distress!  I emailed the very helpful craft support people at Simon Says Stamp with my dilemma and they responded immediately giving helpful advice.  I felt their encouragement during the rest of the process.

** if anyone would like to comment on other ways to overcome these problems in the future, please comment on this blog post, or email me directly at lostartcardsanddesigns.blogspot.com.  Thanks!

Neenah Desert Storm Cardstock ( SSS)
Rustic Cream Cardstock ( PTI)
Sizzix Big Shot Express ( Craft Direct)
Spellbinders Grand Calibur ( Spellbinders Paper Arts)
Stampendous Roots of Love Stamp ( 123 Stitch)
Indigo Blu Lollipop Tree ( 123 Stitch)
Mama Elephant Creative Color Ink ( SSS)
Blush Pink ReInker ( PTI)
Ranger Distress Ink ( SSS)
Micron Pen ( Michaels)
Cheery Lynn Deutschland Square Doily Die ( 123 Stitch)
Spellbinders tag ( AC Moore)
Hemp Jewelry Thread ( Michaels)
Office Depot
Fiskars Acrylic Block ( Joanns)
Darice Stamping Pad (Joanns)




0 comments:

Post a Comment