Dear Friend,

Welcome to Lost Art Cards and Designs.

You might find tiny bouquets on paper, pretty places, words of encouragement, the artwork of others, or a quote from a good book.

My hope is that you will find something that delights the eye of your heart and remains a part of you for a lifetime.

Followers

One facet of the creativity in my soul.

Creative Chemistry 102 , A Quick Glance at Stencils Completed, plus 2 Technique Tags from Day 1


Industrial Technique, Day 1
completed by using embossing folder, Distress Paints and Inks

 Embossed, Stained , then Ink Swiped
Self Tearing Technique demonstrated by wet paper, lol
YES!!  It is POSSIBLE to Distress Stain Tracing Paper, Emboss it , then swipe ink over the top for detail effects!  I really liked this one.

Altered Surface Technique, painted clear plastic ornament black on one side with Archival Black Ink, then applied Distress Paints of various colors and lifted color for desired effect.

Hard to choose a favorite from the tags pictured below, really like this stuff!

Botanical Sketch Background Stamp using Distress Paint and Stain Resist in 3 colors

My Favorite Things Etched Tribal Background Stamp using Paint and Ink Resist in 5 colors

Embossing Through Stencils using Direct to Paper application techniques and after clear embossing, applying stain and then ink all over and wiping

Embossing using an embossing folder, then sanding and ink swiping

Making a background using Distress Ink with Stencil and Double Embossing Technique. 
Clear embossing over the surface, then double embossing a design with colored embossing powder, then applying Archival Ink Stamping to tag.


Both tags were made using Mixed Media Layering with Re-Inker Misting
Stamping Through Stencil with Ink, probably my favorite.  I love the way the tag absorbed the ink colors.  Because of the stencil I chose, I needed to use very fine print stamps to add a sentiment on a color stripe.  This took time!  Then I added some other birthday stamping to complete the tag. 
This tag was made using the Eroded Metallic Technique.  I then added the roses using the Stencil Sketch Technique and then the Gradient Marker Technique learned from Creative Chemistry 101.  After that I added some curved sentiments from Taylored Expressions to make a Get Well Soon tag.  

2 comments:

Diana @ Playingwithoutlimits said...

Seeing work of the students from cc102 is so inspiring. I wish I had made more time to explore like I am doing today.

Diana
MontanaHens - Twitter, Instagram & Pinterest
https://playingwithoutlimits.wordpress.com/

lost art cards and designs said...

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I am thoroughly enjoying Creative Chemistry 101, 102 and looking forward to what I will learn in 103. Hoping you will find more craft and exploration time.

Post a Comment