Dear Friend,

Welcome to Lost Art Cards and Designs.

You might find tiny bouquets on paper, pretty places, words of encouragement, the artwork of others, or a quote from a good book.

My hope is that you will find something that delights the eye of your heart and remains a part of you for a lifetime.

Followers

One facet of the creativity in my soul.

Embossed Bookmark for a reading grandson!



Yesterday I made this bookmark for my grandson who just began to read!  I used many layers of ink, stain, paint, and glitter, but like the way it turned out.  I wanted to express my joy in his accomplishment.  


I found an inexpensive package of library pockets at our local craft store, and inked around the edges and inside background to give it a vintage look.  I had a page of this cute scrapbook paper left and cut out this tag and adhered it to the front of the pocket.


On the reverse side of the paper I edged the scrapbook notebook paper in washi tape , stamped a sentiment and tore another small tag from the remaining scrapbook paper, punched a hole at the top and tied the whole thing up with some twine I had in my ribbon drawer.  


Here is what it looks like as a set.  I think he will have a good time using it when he is reading.

One thing I frequently reminded myself of while making this card was that it was a piece of paper turned into something a little different than it began, with stamps, ink, stains, and paint.  My grandson won't understand or know about how I kept trying to make a certain effect on this bookmark, or how I felt like he might, trying out something new , experimenting with ideas, and just enjoying the process of discovery.    My grandmother had a saying ,"  If you can read," she said, " you can go anywhere you want to go, become anything you want to be, and do anything you want to do."  That thought has stayed with me my entire life, but I don't always recall it for every situation I am in.  Because of her I can learn, enjoy, and experiment, all because I can read.  I wanted my printing to be just right- to complete the perfectly printed look for my completed library pocket, it didn't work out this time.  But I want him to know that life is full of events, some of them are successful, some are not, But its ok , we can still give a heart gift even if it isn't perfect.  And sometimes life's imperfections are what make us grow and learn.  


0 comments:

Post a Comment