Dear Friend,

Welcome to Lost Art Cards and Designs.

You might find tiny bouquets on paper, pretty places, words of encouragement, the artwork of others, or a quote from a good book.

My hope is that you will find something that delights the eye of your heart and remains a part of you for a lifetime.

Followers

One facet of the creativity in my soul.

Starry Night Inspiration! Stamp a Faire 2016


The next card was made from the inspiration of the Master work of Vincent Van Gogh.  I have admired his artwork for many years, but did not know his personal history which I found fascinating.

Watching the video gave me a taste for learning more about this great artist.  I was also inspired by the work of Amy Sheffer who taught how to combine certain ink colors to make a night time sky.  



I used the Forget Me Not stamp and die set, blended several ink colors together, and then spritzed them with water to create a watercolor effect.  I decided to emboss the watercolor paper while wet then swipe some more Papertrey Ink Enchanted Evening Ink on the embossing folder, mist it and then run it through my Sizzix Machine.  After that I swiped Vintage Cream across the raised swirls.  

With the remaining watercolored paper I die cut the Forget Me Not Flowers and then stamped the matching images on the flowers to create a blended, yet different look.  Only using part of a sentiment from Art from the Heart, I wrapped an organza midnight blue ribbon on top of the embossed paper and completed the card by spritzing Tsukineko Shimmer Spray in Gold and Frost.  


2 comments:

Amy Sheffer said...

I love how you dry embossed your watercolored panel! It's a windy night sky! Thanks so much for playing along!

lost art cards and designs said...

Amy, thank you for your kind comments . I admire your artwork so much , it always inspires me. I really enjoyed today!

Post a Comment