Dear Friend,

Welcome to Lost Art Cards and Designs.

You might find tiny bouquets on paper, pretty places, words of encouragement, the artwork of others, or a quote from a good book.

My hope is that you will find something that delights the eye of your heart and remains a part of you for a lifetime.

Followers

One facet of the creativity in my soul.

Day 3 Technique Tags


I did not complete each technique from this lesson.  Here are my completed projects from Day 3.

Day 3
Smudging Technique


Day 3 

This tag mimics the background you can produce using a brayer to apply the ink.  I did not have a brayer but liked the openness of the tag background in the video demonstrating this technique and I wondered what I could do to achieve the same look on my own tag.

To make this tag, I applied Distress Ink using the 1"inch cubes that I am collecting.  I swiped several colors onto the tag and it produced an open, airy kind of look.  I liked it.  ( more about how to make this type of background using the 1" cubes on my Joyous Fall Tag post)

I stamped the Boardwalk scene and Ocean Wave stamp in Blueprint Sketch using the smudge technique, then added some more water by masking , stamping, and smudging.  It really gives a soft feel to the scene.  Then using the Stripes stencil I added some stripes at the bottom of the tag in Brushed Corduroy.  

Wanting to depict the imaginary quality of sand castles in the air, I stamped with the Sandcastle stamp using the stamp off technique and made a sandcastle row behind the boardwalk scene at the front.   Adding a sentiment using the smudge technique , the tag was complete.

Actually I would like to make this tag over again and making the sentiment bolder.

Day 3
Glitter Technique

These were die cuts I had previously cut and were waiting in my stash.  Inspired by this video, I applied Pumice Stone Distress Glitter to the plane and both Clear Rock Candy Distress Glitter and Pumice Stone Glitter to the cloud after inking in several Distress Ink colors.
The Laurel Garland from Papertrey Ink was made by swiping Distress Ink in a few green shades onto the garland, then covering it with Clear Rock Candy Glitter.  These are now waiting for me to use them in a project.


0 comments:

Post a Comment