Dear Friend,

Welcome to Lost Art Cards and Designs.

You might find tiny bouquets on paper, pretty places, words of encouragement, the artwork of others, or a quote from a good book.

My hope is that you will find something that delights the eye of your heart and remains a part of you for a lifetime.

Followers

One facet of the creativity in my soul.

Creative Chemistry 101 Day 3



Today I reviewed Day 3 and I am soooooo glad I did.  I was able to try the Alcohol Ink Agate and Archival Resist Techniques as well as Reflection Stamping, which I will post with a different title so that I can add it to the link up.



Alcohol Ink Agates and Archival Resist

Which one is which?








The top piece was made using the Archival Resist Technique, and the bottom piece was made using the Alcohol Agates Technique. The picture isn't the best as you can see the light reflection on the bottom piece, but it does show how glossy paper and the Metallic Mixtative catch the light. Once I began I sort of went crazy... especially on the top piece.  Originally I had only 3 colors of Archival Ink on it but then I read the instructions again and realized I needed to add a darker Archival Ink and wipe it away. I used Metallic Mixative in silver and gold after each one was all done and I like the way it added little bright touches here and there.  

One of the biggest challenges for me in using these techniques is choosing colors that will blend well together and then stamping an image or images that make a pretty completed project like so many of the artists that have posted in the gallery and that I follow online.  But today I think my spirit was just to let loose and play and see what happens at the end.  Fun. 

I will post the other tags I made today using my own version of Texture Fades Embossing Folder.  Hope you will continue to read my posts.


0 comments:

Post a Comment