Dear Friend,

Welcome to Lost Art Cards and Designs.

You might find tiny bouquets on paper, pretty places, words of encouragement, the artwork of others, or a quote from a good book.

My hope is that you will find something that delights the eye of your heart and remains a part of you for a lifetime.

Followers

One facet of the creativity in my soul.

Creative Chemistry Day 5



No Kraft Resist Paper in my craft room presented an opportunity to experiment as well as a self challenge to see if I could recreate something similar.  In the picture below you will see 5 tags, all experimental, trying to make my own version of Kraft Resist Paper so I could continue with the class lessons.  The tags on the left were made by adding Distress Ink Stain to the Neenah Desert Storm Kraft Paper tag, and stamping with a Distress Ink Embossing Pad or a Perfect Medium Pad and then heat setting it. I liked the results of this method the best.  The middle tag was stained, then stamped with Distress Ink Embossing Pad, and then heat set after applying Wow Clear Glossy Embossing Powder.  The two tags on the right were first stamped with Perfect Medium, then stained , and heat set.  Nearly imperceptible, some of the stamped images did come through very slightly after heat setting.  This might be a way to bring out a subtle background effect using stain.  

trying to make my own type of resist kraft paper

Kraft Paper Resist Tag Examples


The top tag shows the result of my experimental resist paper trials.  The second tag, though made in the same way, is a more subtle result of trying to make my own resist paper.


0 comments:

Post a Comment