Dear Friend,

Welcome to Lost Art Cards and Designs.

You might find tiny bouquets on paper, pretty places, words of encouragement, the artwork of others, or a quote from a good book.

My hope is that you will find something that delights the eye of your heart and remains a part of you for a lifetime.

Followers

One facet of the creativity in my soul.

Creative Chemistry 101 Day 5 continued!


Stamping with Stains



These three tags are examples of stamping with Distress Stains.  I had four colors in my collection, Spun Sugar, Faded Jeans, Fired Brick, and Broken China.  Thinking using these colors together would be ridiculous and never produce anything remotely pretty or interesting, I was proven wrong!  Since I did not have Picket Fence Distress Stain in my collection of supplies, I wondered what would happen if I stained the paper with these colors and instead of using Picket Fence, use one of the the four colors mentioned at the beginning of this paragraph.  It worked, or at least in my opinion, I was pleased with the overall results, except that the small print on the stamps I had did not produce a clear image.  This may be due to my inexperience and the newness of working with this technique.  On the left tag, I used clear polymer stamps swiped with stain and a wooden rubber stamp, but both were blurry to runny.  The center stamp was slightly better, and I have to say that the print size on this stamp did not seem to matter.  The tag on the right is my favorite, the blended colors ended up producing an effect I really liked.  


Found! The white image you see in the background on this tag is NOT Distress Stain.  It is Picket Fence Distress Paint!  But I still like the effect of the white color on the tag.  Making a list for Simon Says Stamp as this class continues.

0 comments:

Post a Comment