Dear Friend,

Welcome to Lost Art Cards and Designs.

You might find tiny bouquets on paper, pretty places, words of encouragement, the artwork of others, or a quote from a good book.

My hope is that you will find something that delights the eye of your heart and remains a part of you for a lifetime.

Followers

One facet of the creativity in my soul.

Tim Holtz Creative Chemistry 101

This week completes my son's junior year of high school, end of year activities, volleyball banquet included ( categorize this as Mom tries to make unique banquet decorations utilizing creativity and resourcefulness ) and begins a creative summer journey learning new techniques taught by Tim Holtz.

Like so many other admired artists, I love his versatile products. Distress Ink Pads, Markers, Stains, Paints, Crayons as well as a variety of creative mediums, this summer will be one of exploration, discovery and fun in my craft room as I learn some new ways to create using them.


Days 1-2 

Blended Spritz and Flick Technique

This was fun to make.  Tim's class challenge was to blend four or more Distress Ink colors on a manila tag.  It would be hard to say which part was more fun, choosing colors or seeing how they would look when I blended them together.

But the most exciting part was how the tag colors and blended effect softened overnight.  When the tag was completed I liked the way the colors melded together, but they were darker, so it was a surprise to walk downstairs the next day and see the beautiful soft effect each color made on the tag.  I tried using the blending tool to add Tea Dye to the edge of the tag but found that it was harder to get a thin line around the tag edge than I thought it would be.  I need to practice that, as it really does help to bring out the colors and color wicking effects of the ink.



Next, I made this Brushless Watercolor piece using a tree stamp I had not used yet.  I fell in love with this technique.  Fall is a favorite time of year.



This last tag shows the Wrinkle- Free Distress technique.

0 comments:

Post a Comment