Dear Friend,

Welcome to Lost Art Cards and Designs.

You might find tiny bouquets on paper, pretty places, words of encouragement, the artwork of others, or a quote from a good book.

My hope is that you will find something that delights the eye of your heart and remains a part of you for a lifetime.

Followers

One facet of the creativity in my soul.

Distressed Botanicals


Tim said to have fun playing around with Distress Markers, so instead of making a work of art, I followed his instruction and these tags are the result.

These tags show a few of the techniques I attempted with one tag recording the colors used.  I colored the hydrangea leaves a few different ways- gradation blending, coloring on dry paper then blending with a darker color, and finally blending by picking up a darker or other color from my craft sheet. I wondered what one small hydrangea bloom would look like if I colored it then outlined it in a darker contrasting color.  If you look closely you can see the result.  The other flowers were colored using different Distress Markers , adding another color and then blending it with a water brush.   The smaller hydrangea image was colored all over with one lighter color then adding a darker color or two to the center and dabbing with a water brush.  On one side I wanted to see what lightening the blooms would look like when adding Picket Fence .   I stamped the image in Fern Archival Ink.

What I really love about this is the beautiful effect you can achieve by blending with several colors.  The dogwood petals were more imaginative , I have never seen blue, reddish yellow orange or brown red dogwood petals but I was curious about how those colors would look applied to wet paper, blended , dried and recolored . I really like the brown petals.  The leaves were each colored with a different Distress color then brushed with water. I used Black Archival Ink to stamp the image.

0 comments:

Post a Comment